You may see it as spending unnecessary money, but on the contrary, offering employee benefits is a great way to set your business up for success. Generous benefits attract quality workers that may have otherwise been turned away if no benefits were offered. People want to work for a company that cares about the well being and personal lives of its employees. Here are five benefits you can offer, besides the standard healthcare, to keep your employees happy and healthy:
- Paid time off and flexible hours: Everyone needs a break from time to time, whether they’re sick, in mourning or they simply need a vacation. Offering paid time off—broken out into holidays, vacation days and sick/personal days—is a very attractive benefit. Most full-time employees expect at least two weeks of paid time off per year. Flexible hours is another great benefit; allowing employees to work when it’s most convenient for their schedules can keep them motivated and loyal to the company.
- Retirement plan: With social security diminishing, it’s more important than ever before to start saving for retirement at a young age, and as much as possible. Offering pensions or 401(k) plans allows employees the comfort of knowing that you’re helping them plan for their future, particularly if you match their contributions.
- Wellness program: Investing in the health and wellness of your employees is a valuable benefit for both parties. A healthy staff remains more focused and takes fewer sick days, driving up productivity. Schedule activities such as weekly lunchtime walks, healthy snack exchanges, nutrition coaching, etc. Another popular part of this program is to offer discounted gym memberships to help employees achieve their goals.
- Bonuses and incentives: Rewards are a great way to motivate employees to complete projects. Having something to look forward can keep employees going strong—a light at the end of the tunnel, if you will. Let them know that upon completing major projects, you will offer a sponsored lunch, a massage certificate, a gift card, a bonus check or any other reward you deem worthy.
- Childcare: Today’s modern world includes families with two working parents or single parents, making it harder to find childcare. Offering daycare services makes it easier for employees to both work and care for their children, sometimes receiving more peace of mind knowing that their children are in the same building.
We can help you plan a benefits program that your employees will love. Call Sound Benefit Solutions at (925) 244-1330 for more information on San Francisco employee benefits.